RE: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT

To: "'David Lieb'" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "'Spridgets'"
Subject: RE: 76 Midget trade on craigslist CT
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:45:21 -0500
Um, actually, today's VW 1.9 TDI is a direct descendent of the Rabbit
diesel.  It's the same engine, really, but with 30 years of
refinement/development.  Gasoline or diesel, it's proven to be an
outstanding design.
Yeah, I know they've got a long history of building cars, but I still
consider Brazilian-built VWs to be suspect.  Remember the VW Fox?
I wasn't aware VW had shifted VR6 production to Brazil.  Last time I
looked, all VR6s were assembled in Deutchland, then shipped to Brazil,
or Mexico for installation.
Bud Osbourne