Re: Motor Oil Question [LBC content]

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Motor Oil Question [LBC content]
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:46:14 -0700
Since I read about the accelerated destruction of flat-tappet cams when used
with the new low-ZDDP oils, it solidified my habit of only using Castrol
HD30wt.  I'd always avoided the multi-weights because of the know tendency
for the additives to add to 'coking' problems on hot turbo bearings.  From
what I've read, once the cam is broken in with old fashioned ZDDP rich oils,
it is less of a risk to switch over to the modern oils.  But I'm just
paranoid and won't change.

Glen