RE: Totally OT- fashion!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Totally OT- fashion!
From: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:06:53 -0700
Hmmmm.... don't mix up your nationalities, Buster. I know some of the
Italians you mention, others I don't. I know three which are French, not
Italians.

Coco Chanel, of "number 5" perfume fame, was most assuredly French. The same
goes for Louis Vuitton. Louis Vuitton goes way back, he died in 1892! Celine
is a French design house too - I don't know about having things done in
China, but... As an aside... Celine "crocodile" handbags are in fact made
using alligator skin. There are two kinds of alligators, one a US native
species, and there is a Chinese one. Celine get their alligator skins from
Florida. I don't know if any of the French designers get clothes made in
china, but I would not be surprised if they did.

I don't know much about fashion, as it is not in my sphere of interest, but
I have to know something about it for my work!  For what it's worth, I think
the Italians have made fine looking clothes, shoes, cars, musical
instruments, and music, for eons. I think there is something to said about
their architecture too - OK, that might have been the Romans 8-)

The only reason why I don't have a Ferrari or a Lamborghini is not the fear
of them braking down - It's just that when they do, I don't want to pay
$1200 for a Lambo starter motor, or $3500 for a Ferrari windshield. I had a
Porsche, and that was bad enough, but running a Porsche is positively cheap
compared with a Ferrari.

JLC

Buster wrote:
Oh, you mean like Prada, Gucci, Tod's,   Giorgio Armani,  Valentino,
Celine, Louis Vuitton SA,  Macadam,  Moschino, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana,
Prada, Versace, Netuzzi and DeCoro luxury leather sofas,  Montblanc pen
Guicci,  Versace Sunglasses,   Moschino, and the  Fiat Palio and Siena
cars?  Gues what.  They are all making products in China. The "big"
labels say "Designed in Italy", but the small labels say "Made in China"!