Re: Judson installation/Sprite

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Judson installation/Sprite
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 00:58:53 -0400
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
> Ok, I have been on this list for almost 10 years. EVERY time someone talks
> about the Judson, it isn't working. SO, I have two questions.........
> 1) WHY? no one yet on this list has reported one that works

Hear ye, hear ye,  I proclaim I have a Judson installed on 59 Bugeye and it
is working as desired.
(but I don't use the Holley)

From: "derf" <derf247@gmail.com>
> The inherent friction causes
> heat which cancels out part of the supercharger effect.

Hear ye, hear ye, the heat issue comes from adiabatic compression
inherent in the design of the unit, not from the friction of the vanes.
(unless you use the wrong vane material, see below)

> I'd like to
> see what happens if you line the case of the Judson with Ceramic and
> run Delrin vanes.

Hear ye, hear ye, Delrin vanes do not work, as I have performed that
experiment.
Torlon does work and is designed precisely for this application.
See article May/June 2000 edition of "Compressor Tech" magazine.
Posted in Archive section of http://www.vwjudsonregister.org.uk/