Re: jack stands

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: jack stands
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 13:08:48 -0700 (PDT)
--- b-evans@earthlink.net wrote:
> American companies are getting their products made
> in the Asian gulags
> where, despite the buyers specifications, there is
> no way to translate
> "quality".

Ruh-roh - you've pushed my hot-button. After getting
some extreme and not so extreme close ups of what
Apple Computer, GE Aviation, and some other hallmark
companies get out of China quality wise (6 sigma
top-notch stuff), I think the issue is more the cost
of quality and what the average Joe is willing to pay.
We should all read David Halberstam's "Reckoning".
It's still relevant, just replace "Japan" with
"China", and you'll get a real good idea that
dismissing anything in a developing economy as 3rd
world is naive. China's strategy isn't to make crap.
It's to make crap that Americans will buy with money
they are ultimately borrowing from China banks in the
first place (we  spend $1.01 for each $1 we save), use
dollars to buy other currency, flood the world market
with dollars and thus devaluating the snot out of it,
making the US completely uncompetitive
internationally, and taking over our economy which
they will already own since we borrowed the money from
them to buy their crap. Then they can really
industrialize, buy our buildings, banks, country clubs
and industries like the Japanese did in the late 80s,
make stuff as good as Japan except in a scale that
will shock and awe us since there are several billion
of them (and it's foolish to think none of them are as
smart as we are or as able to make quality goods).  I
could go on, but you've probably found the delete key
by now....

Ron

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/