Re: Asian goods

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Asian goods
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 19:00:19 -0400
Billy Zoom wrote:

> The Chinese stuff can be pretty dodgy, but they seem to do fine when there's
> an American or Dutch company telling them exactly how they want it done.

Stanley tools are now made in china, they are crap now.
They can't make nails or screws, ever see a galvanized nail that was
made in the USA 100 years ago, it's still Galvanized.
So why do chinese galvanized nails rust in less than a month?
My chinese stainless steel ice cooler rusted but only after I put 5 lbs
of ice in it and a six pack the day my wife bought it, it collapsed.
Why does the powdercoat I do at home (in the USA) last for years and my
chinese deck swing which was powdercoated in china is all rusty, it's 2
years old but started to rust the first summer my wife bought it.
How come my chinese bird bath which is supposed to hold water so the
birds can "take a bath" rusted? And it's resin but it has a steel base
under the resin which had to be rusty before it was cast. It doesn't
leak so how did it rust from the inside out?
Yeah I heard it before, they make stuff to our specs but they dont!!!
If the specs say "18 gauge steel" they use 18 gauge rusty steel,
recycled steel, or dung forged steel.
Sure it looks the same but it's not. And the guy over here on the
receiving end looks at it and approves it because it "looks" good.
Hell, that guy can't even speak english, but he has a job inspecting all
the crap from china.
All my old tools are wearing out so I am stuck with the chinese crap,
they all last 366 days whether I use them or not.
My finish nailer I bought last March just crapped out. I had to buy
another name brand made in china nail gun.
Why is my USA made air regulater 10 years old and still working fine
when my chinese made regulator leaked from day one? Same brand name
different country of manufacture.
Ron said it, the chinks are going to own us if they already don't.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ