RE: Erik Carlsson Article

To: "'Herby'" <herby@herbytoys.com>, "'Peter C'" <peter@nosimport.com>
Subject: RE: Erik Carlsson Article
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 14:52:52 -0400
Peter C is right; Hemmings Sports & Exotics is a very nice publication,
and I was glad to see ol' Satch back in print.  He really wrote some
great stuff for AW, up until the time he suddenly disappeared from their
pages.  I really enjoyed the article he wrote about meeting & drinking a
lot of "plonk" with Erik Carlsson.
I don't know if any of the rumors I heard about his, uh, abrupt
departure from AW are true, but AW began to turn to crap the day Leon
Mandel and his crew walked in the door.
The only thing I don't like about Hemmings is that they tend to make
some really dumb, factual errors (I noticed a few "gems" in the recent
article on Porsche 356s), which serve to warn me not to automatically
accept what they say about other cars I have little actual knowledge of.
Bud Osbourne