RE: Need to rent trailer

To: "'Robert'" <lists@woozy.com>, "'Spridgets'"
Subject: RE: Need to rent trailer
From: "Paul Herder" <p.herder@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 13:44:22 -0500
Robert,

I tried to rent a U-Haul trailer to move my 66 Sprite and they wouldn't rent
it to me for that application!

I then measured the inside surface where you drive onto on one of their
trailers and found out why ... it was wider than the track of my Sprite.

: (

Borrowed a friends trailer that was originally made for a Model T ... it
too, was too wide for the Sprite.  I was able to put one set of wheels up on
the inside top of the "U" that the tires are supposed to go into and tied my
Sprite down very good so it wouldn't shift and have the wheels go into the
center of the open trailer.

Made it ~ 200 miles without a problem ... that time.

YMMV

I am looking into a flat bed trailer ...

Paul