Re: tires again

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>, Frank Clarici
Subject: Re: tires again
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 18:15:45 -0700
> According to Billy, the HTR 200 has relatively soft sidewalls
Yeah, but Ron just put them on the Alfa and he loves them. I think they're a
great tire, but maybe not a good choice if you're putting them on a rim
that's too narrow for them. With a stiffer sidewall, it doesn't matter as
much. A softer sidewall needs a wider base to support it or the tire starts
to get squishy on tight corners.
Anyway, my car came with 175's, and the only place that showed signs of
rubbing were the inner fenders above the front tires, but then the shocks
didn't work and the rubber bumpers were missing.
BZ