Re: tires again

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tires again
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 19:05:39 -0500
I am running the Sumi  HTR200 175 70 13's on my Bugeye (Minitor Wheels) and
per BZ's suggestion have been increasing the pressure to eliminate the
sidewall flex.  I am getting close to just right at 35 front and 30 rear.  I
did have an occasion to make a rather abrupt lane change the other day when
the car in front of me decided to cram on the brakes and make a right turn,
no warning!  The rear got a little out of shape but recovered quickly.  I
think a few more miles on them and they will be good.  They are sticky but
at the limit have a tendency to let the rear go quietly without warning.
Probably just because the Bugeye is so light.

Mark
Nashville
http://www.arrestmered.com

> What's most narrow rim rec. for "70" series
Manufacturer says 4.5" to 6".
I don't think they'll rub, but handling might suffer.
HTR 200's have very flexible sidewalls and putting them on skinny rims makes
them swishy. I have 4.5" rims on my CRX, and I have to run 40psi to firm
them up. HTR 200's are rated for 51psi,BTW.
BZ