Steering Rack Lubrication / Wheel stud

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Rack Lubrication / Wheel stud
From: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 06:45:49 -0700 (PDT)
As I recall Steering Rack needs to be lubed with 90 Wt Gear Oil rather than
grease correct. I pulled one of the boots off to check things yesterday and
rack was wet with oil. Man are those buggers tough to get back on when you are
trying to hold onto them and they are coated in oil. How much gear oil gets
pumped into there?

  Also any easy way to replace front wheel stud without pulling the hub apart.I
don't think there is enough clearance to use the BFH on the old stud to punch
it out and then get a new one back in there without taking all apart.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.