Can we make them here any more? NOW: Guns, Hit Delete!, Oh, no,

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Can we make them here any more? NOW: Guns, Hit Delete!, Oh, no,
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:24:09 -0600
Many "special" units in the Sand Box (middle east) use M-14 rifles.
The .308 round is much better suited to the job.  M-14s were phased
out when the M-16s came online.  M-14s are like an upgrade of the old
M1 Garand of WWII fame.  They are good, but complex and expensive to
make.
The AK-47 is a fine weapon.  Elegantly simple and robust.  The milled
Russian and Bulgarian AKs are some of the best.  However, when the US
Navy SEALs tested AKs for adoption, they found the NORINCO CHINESE AKs
were the best they tested.  And, yes the SEALs did/do use CHINESE AKs.
I've owned and built several semi AKs, AR-15s(semi M-16s), and HK type
guns.  I've built guns for law enforcement officers and one Marine
officer pilot who flys C-47s(I think).  I never served in the military
but if I had to go into combat and had a choice, I'd take a Chinese
type 56 AKM (AK-47).