Austin camper, bummer

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Austin camper, bummer
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:50:17 -0700
I had to pass on the cool Austin camper van,

 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Austin-152-Caravan-1962-Austin-15
2-Caravan-Rare-Morris-MG-Van-camper-vw_W0QQitemZ170099679878QQihZ007QQcategor
yZ6472QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but thanks to Jon in Tehachapi who was willing to take a look for me.  I
couldn't get a response from the English J2 registry about parts availability
nor a timely set of directions for the pre-bidding viewing.  That's one piece
of homework I always do before a purchase.  In this case I couldn't find out
if brake parts would be available.  Sort of crucial, eh?

Pulling into Lake of the Ozarks at the wheel of this, with my bugeye towed
behind, would have been a show stopper for sure.  I envisioned the fridge
filled my buddy's homebrew, and connected to taps on the side for Spridget
social hour.  Truly the perfect Spridget party-wagon.   Alas.....

Glen