Wiper motor mounting grommets

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiper motor mounting grommets
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:22:50 -0500
OK folks, I need some help here.  I've received a set of mounting grommets
for the wiper motor for the bug-eye (Mo$$ part no. 280-755).  Apparently,
these fit in the three holes from the engine compartment to the driver
footwell, with half the rubber on each side of the sheet metal.  The problem
is the rubber is so stiff I see no way in hell to fit these things into the
holes.  It looks like a classic case of trying to put 10 lbs. of shit in a 5
lb. sack.  Am I missing something here?  I'm resisting the urge to cut the
things in half.  What is the secret to install these things?  My car came
without a wiper motor, so I couldn't learn anything from disassembly.
Thanks.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)
AN5L/12109 ('59 Sprite)