Re: Bugeye Group..... Re: SU fuel pump R & R

To: Bugeye <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, Spridgets List
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... Re: SU fuel pump R & R
From: Lester <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:06:17 -0500
More on the SU fuel pump..

I spent 3 hours working on it yesterday and have come to the
following conclusion, I don't know enough about a good one to know if
this one is broken..

If I install the diaphragm but don't bolt it down the electromagnet
will pull the diaphragm up a good distance

If I secure the diaphragm with the screws at the bottom the
electromagnet will only move the diaphragm a fingernails distance no
matter how far in or out it is screwed in.

So what I don't know how to evaluate is:

Is the electromagnet sound?

Is the return spring strong enough?

Is the diaphragm too thick or not resilient enough?

any ideas folks?

.. and thanks for all the help so far!

Lester