Midget Dyno Results & Questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget Dyno Results & Questions
From: "MGraziano" <mgraziano@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:30:34 -0500
Hey Guys,

I met with my Miata club this Saturday for a Dyno day at one of the local
"Spec Miata" shops.  They're apparently well known and respected nationally.

Anyway,  they rated my 1500 Midget at max 50bhp at the wheels (4K rpm).  It
was consistent over two runs.  How does this compare to bhp at the crank?
Is there a mathematical formula, or a rough estimate as to how much hp is
lost in the drivetrain?

Also, has anyone with a 1500 Midget ever had their car dyno'ed?  Was it
stock?  I'd especially like to know what the hp was at the wheels on a stock
1500 Midget.  Mine is a very modified '78 and I'd like to know if the mods
were worth it.

More details:

Peak HP was at 4000 rpm.  Torque at 4K rpm was approx 66 FtLb.  Peak torque
was 75.9 FtLb at 2,500 rpm, which was fairly steady until 3,500 rpm where is
dropped significantly.

I have the graphs if anyone is interested.

Later.  Mike