RE: lbc content

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: lbc content
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:04:43 -0700
> Never heard of the Cannon. Details, please?
The Cannon was a purpose built car, built strictly for automobile motor-
cross. Always with a crew of two. A driver and a crew man, who's "job"
was basically to hang on to the trunk (boot) and to bounce up and down
trying to get some grip on the rear wheels from the muddy fields and
wet grass where the events were run..
Using the typical 1 to 1.2 liter engine, it's outstanding
characteristic was the enormous amount of travel achieved by the front
wheels.
This was achieved by "cross-shocking". The left front shock coil was
anchored at the lower point at the left axle. The top of the left front
shock coil was fixed to the top of a securing mount on the right hand
side. And vice versa for the RF shock.
So looking from the front of the car, the coil shocks formed an "X".
The radiator was behind the crossed shocks. In those days the front
axle was solid.
No doors, no top, and minimal Brooklands style wind shields.

I regret that I have no pictures left to show... They were lost when my
folks died...

Dave G.