engine test stand

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: engine test stand
From: "charlie shelden" <shelden3@pldi.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:49:40 -0500 (CDT)
I have several 1275 motors 1098 and a 948 that I'd like to test out.  One
will hopefully be going into my Bugeye soon.  When David O. gave me the
motors he said one was recently rebuilt (1275's)but wasn't sure which at
the time.  I thought it would be good to build a test stand. Has anyone
done this?  Can I do it out of lumber or is that just foolish?  I can weld
just fine, but don't have any metal and am trying to do it the "we tight"
way.  I figure I'll need a muffler which I have, as well as a simple panel
for a aftermarket tach and oil preasure gauge.  For one engine I think it
would be much trouble but I have 3.

Any opinions or expertise is much appreciated, designs you used even better.

Charlie
59 Bugeye project
OKC,OK