Bonnet Alignment - Update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonnet Alignment - Update
From: JMFarley50@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:41:31 EDT
Thanks to all with their ideas on how to improve the alignment of  the bonnet
on my bugeye.  I just went out and removed the Victoria British  hard rubber
strip and it improved some, but not enough.  It never fit right  and was
hitting the hood in a couple of spots.  When I installed  it I had to make a
chamfer with a razor blade to get it started in the  channel and still found it
very
difficult to bottom it at all  locations in the channel.  The rubber is too
hard to conform  properly.

The corners are higher than the center so I think my next step is  to play
with the corner braces to pull the corners down some more.  One  side has room
in the slotted end to move it some.  The other brace is  at the end of the slot
and it looks like a PO bent the brace some to bring the  lower back edge of
the hood in somewhat.  Any other thoughts would be  appreciated.

John