engine removal

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: engine removal
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:15:19 -0700
If there are any N. Calif.  Spridget folk interested, the turbo motor is
coming out this weekend.  I drained the radiator last night and got the bonnet
set aside.  The forecast is for rain all weekend so I guess it makes it the
perfect time.  Still no new pistons in the mail, so there won't be any motor
rebuilding.  Just a quick engine/trans/driveshaft removal and engine bay
strip.  Since that won't take all that much time, I might crack open the
5-speed to diagnose the noisy 2nd gear synchro.  I'm used to working alone,
but if you want to see how to do an engine pull quickly by yourself, come on
by Saturday morning for a demo.  You'll end up with a bottle of simple green
and a roll of paper towels scrubbing out an engine bay.  Party time!!!

(thinking of the scene in the movie/book where Huck Finn gets the fence
whitewashed by eager helpers that 'pay' for the privilege)

Glen