Re: Real estate - possibly lots of LBC content

To: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Real estate - possibly lots of LBC content
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 09:43:30 -0600
On 4/21/07, Bill Gilroy <wmgilroy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ditto for the Seattle area.  It would be great to live in in area where you
> just about purchase a house on a credit card.

I know a guy who bought a farm on a credit card back in the 80s.  He
went to an estate auction.  After all the stuff was sold they
auctioned the property.  A small farm-like property, maybe 10 acres
and house and barn.  Bidding was slowing at about $30,000 so this guy
decided to raise his hand.  He got it for like $32,000.  He called his
wife and said "I bought the farm!"  He then called his credit card
company and told them what he did.  They upped his credit limit so he
could pay with the CC.  Later he financed through a bank and sold the
property for about $100,000 not long after that.