Re: Help - Weird Rear Brake Problem

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help - Weird Rear Brake Problem
From: "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:17:51 -0400
Bud,

It could be the adjuster wedges are too short or it could be the shoes are
not quite right.

We ran into the same problem at Grattan a few years ago with John Deikis'
race Midget.  We couldn't adjust the rear brakes tight enough to do any
good.  I believe all of the parts on John's car were original except for the
shoes.  We solved the problem by having a guy with a TIG welder add about
1/16" to the shoes in the area where the adjuster wedge contacts the shoe.
Worked great!

Rick