Re: Help - Weird Rear Brake Problem

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Help - Weird Rear Brake Problem
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:27:39 -0400
I just did the 58 but it has the later backplates with later shoes and
w/cyls.
New wedges, new shoes, and my adjuster travel was normal if not less
than normal as would be expected with all new parts.
My stuff came from Peter too.
You guys must not know how to do brakes ;)
I did re-adjust the shoes yesterday for the first time since restoration
now that I put a couple hundred miles on the car.
It is running flawlessly and it does cruise at 80 for 40 minutes with no
problem other than bugs on the windshield ;)
I am having a radio console covered in the red vinyl to match the
interior just so I can listen to something on those long trips like NJ
to MO.
Yeah I know, some people like the sound of the exhaust note but like
modern radio, it gets boring with the same tune over and over so I am
installing a matching console but it can be removed with 2 screws.
Same with a speaker panel over the rear shelf like in my blue Sprite.
One thing about a stock "Burgess" sliencer, you can talk with a
passenger even at 80 mph! I must be getting old if I like stock
mufflers. I already removed the cherry bomb and replaced it with a dual
glass pack from JC whitney  on my blue one. It's quieter but not as
quiet as a stock OEM muffler.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ