Piranha ignition help

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Piranha ignition help
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:03:52 -0400
I stumbled across an old 1976 or 77 Piranha electronic ignition set up.
Looks to be all there except the instructions.
Talk about your "period" accessory, I had one of these on my 73 Spitfire
when I sold it in 76. If I recall, it was $24.95 back then ;)
I found a bit of help on Google but it was for the Triumph guys and it
has nothing on where the 3 wires from the optical unit get hooked to the
box. 3 terminals, 3 wires, no numbers, codes, or marks. same size
spades. The box to coil wiring which is obvious, was well documented. DUH!
I don't suppose anybody has one of these that still works?
Or maybe you kept the instruction sheet from 30 years ago?
Piranha was bought out by Newtronics which has since been absorbed by
Autocar Electrical Equipment Co Ltd.
Sure maybe Buster and I can go knock them up one morning when we are
over there but I thought I would ask here first.
I bet Peter still has some of these NOS in his pile of unknowns ;)
I bet you are all asking "Why would he put an antique ignition set up on
his car?" Well because it does no good in the drawer so I might as well
burn it out on the Sprite. Besides, it comes with a full 2 year warranty
or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. So the warranty expired 30
years ago, I just wanna see if it works.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ