RE: Inexpensive Blasting Cabinet

To: "'Robert Weeks'" <lists@woozy.com>, "'oldsaabguy'"
Subject: RE: Inexpensive Blasting Cabinet
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:31:45 -0400
A blast cabinet eats up a LOT of compressed air.  I find that my
two-stage, 5 HP Quincy compressor (on an 80 gal. tank) stays somewhat
busy, when I do a lot of blasting.
You really do need a 2 stage compressor, if you are serious about using
your blast cabinet.  Next time I buy a compressor, it'll be at least 7
HP (2 stage, of course).
BTW, I use a TIP model 780 blast cabinet, which is pretty nice, if a bit
on the small side.  For bigger blasting jobs, I just go out in my garden
field, with a TIP model 70 sand-blaster, and use my 12 HP (2 stage)
gasoline driven compressor.  Nice little blaster, but, it sure would be
a lot less hassle if I had a bigger blast cabinet.
Maybe after I get my youngest son through his last year and a half of
college.........
Bud Osbourne