Axel shafts

To: <dbl@chicagolandmgbclub.com>
Subject: Axel shafts
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:48:44 -0400
Are the Spitfidget halfshafts different/stronger than the ones that came
on 1275's?

JohnD

==============

Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:27:16 -0500

From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>

Subject: Re: Re: Re[2]: 3.9 rear so what to use??

> Finally, the 5sp conversion offers a perfect opportunity to practice

> your short, colorful language while you try to bleed the clutch.

> (Do it before the engine/trans slides all the way in during

> installation.)

Use the Eezi-Bleed kit and you will wonder what they are all moaning
about.

Another consideration is that you should pick up a pair of axle half-
shafts from a SpitFidget and install them before the engine. The ones
that came stock in a Bugeye were marginally up to the task of harnessing
the "power" of a 948, but they WILL twist off when they try to handle a
1275. It is MUCH easier to change them now!

I understand that a powerful magnet on a skinny broomstick can be
helpful...

David Lieb