RE: Well, it's not the water pump........

To: "'Robert Weeks'" <lists@woozy.com>
Subject: RE: Well, it's not the water pump........
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 22:55:21 -0700
You have a 1500 radiator not a 1275 crossflow.  I run this same set-up on my
bug-I and there isn't enough room for any fan.  The answer is the small
Hayden electric fan (10"?).  Install it as a pusher, you have plenty of room
on that side. I haven't had to use the heater in summer since I put it in my
car 6-7 years ago.
                Crash

The saga continues:

Finally got around to pulling the destroyed radiator and fan tonight. I
was hoping the problem with clearance between the fan and radiator was
because the new water pump was longer, but once I got everything off the
pump so I could measure it, it turned out to be the exact same size as
the one that came with the car. That's good because it means I'm not as
much of a bonehead as I was thinking I was, but then again it's bad
because I no longer have a quick easy fix for the problem.