Gas Tank Venting

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas Tank Venting
From: JMFarley50@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 14:25:36 EDT
As I can see, the only place the gas tank in my bugeye can vent  pressure is
through the gas cap.  In checking out the bottom of the cap,  there are two
small holes near the center and two more holes near the outer  radius, past the
rubber gasket.  I assume these holes accomplish the  venting.  The problem I
have is pressure building up.  I found  that when on the cap also seals tightly
against the rubber collar  fitted between the body and the filler tube, so
the cap can't vent even if it  wanted to.  I have verified that the tank is
tightly secured and the  rubber collar seems to be in place correctly.  Looks
like my next step it to trim the top of the rubber collar  to create a gap to
the
cap.  Before doing so, I wanted to check my  logic with the group.

Thanks,  John