Spridget 50th at Lake of the Ozarks

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Midget Sprite Group"
Subject: Spridget 50th at Lake of the Ozarks
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:29:30 -0500
Spridgeteers,

Since a call for assistance has gone out for Carlisle and for San
Diego, equal time seems only fair...

The Lake of the Ozarks celebration is also soliciting assistants to
work with the various existing committee members who have already been
working hard on this event. To make this event a ball for everyone we
hope many people will volunteer to do a little something so that no
one is stuck doing all the work. Here is a list of where we need help
and who to contact to volunteer....

1. Technical Sessions - Contact Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>

2. General unspecific help - (ie...registration tables, gopher,
parking cones, security, beer tasting, virgins inspected and
certified....etc.)  - Contact Jim Johnson or Jack Laird
<bmwwxman@gmail.com> <jlaird237@cox.net>

3. Vendor registration,, pre-event publicity, donation solicitation,
vendor sign up...etc - Contact Peter Caldwell,  Larry Macy or Kevin
Valentine <peter@nosimport.com> <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
<kevin@valentinephoto.net>

4. Special event calendar floggers - Contact Larry Daniels or David
Leib <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net> <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>

5. Autocross helpers (some assembly required!)  Contact David Leib or
Jim Johnson <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com> <bmwwxman@gmail.com>

6. Funkhana helpers - Contact Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>

7. Legal matters (Hello all you attorneys out there!!) - John Kuzman
<jkuzman@fuse.net>

8. Mailing and envelope stuffers (and other general stuffing of
things) - Contact Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>

9. Crowd Control for the Innocenti group (Will require helmets,
shields and truncheons) - Jay Fishbien <type79@ix.netcom.com>

10. Car show judges (*not* concours!) - Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>

The web site <http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org> is still under
construction by our web team headed by Mike Rambour so do not attempt
to register online yet (that function should be ready in a couple of
weeks). You can download the beautiful event poster/flyer from the web
site and pass it around to everyone you know who might be interested.
You can also find information for the headquarters hotel <Inn at Grand
Glaize> on the web site. We strongly recommend that you book your room
immediately if you want to be in the headquarters hotel! It is filling
up fast and we will have to spill out into surrounding hotels. Some of
them might be too far to crawl to from the event bar....   ;-)

Those who have been working on this project for the past 6 months are
really excited! We are looking forward to seeing as many Spridgets as
possible at Lake of the Ozarks where there are *NO* bad roads, all the
women are beautiful, all the men are handsome, and all the children
are above average!

Need more information??  email or call me any-time, day or night!

Cheers!!
Jim Johnson
Chair - "50 Years of Spridgets"
Sprite-Midget Club USA, Inc.