Re: Watts Linkage Vs Panhard Bar

To: "Daniel1312@aol.com" <Daniel1312@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Watts Linkage Vs Panhard Bar
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:40:02 -0600
>  I'd be interested in the life of the axle (half) shafts and diff pinion
> gears for the method you describe of achieving negative camber on a live
> axle.

Well, you know how tiny the MOWOG tolerances were for axle assemblies.
 I'm sure 1 degree per side would have little or no effect on life
expectancy.  Put an axle shaft in a rear assembly without the hub
installed and see how much play the differential will allow the axle
shaft.

If someone at the track notices you can just say how you didn't even
notice that your rear end was bent like that.  Just don't go
overboard.  If your rear end looks like this /---o---\ then someone
might say something.