Houston, we have a problem

To: "spridgets net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Houston, we have a problem
From: "Jack Laird" <jlaird237@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 16:27:58 -0500
Drove up and got title today.

First time Miss Agatha got any real driveing at 4K.

The good news is no leaks, the bad news is oil pressure is only 20 lbs when
fully warmed up and drops to about 8 at idle.

Yep I checked, oil at the full mark.

Plan:

1. Check oil gage. Checked with air at 20,40, and 60. Tis OK.

2. Change over pressure spring and fitting to an adjustable one. Pulled the
pressure cap, spring is new, wonder how well it seats, will try a different
plunger. I do have an adjustable cap but can not reall see how that could be
the problem?????????

3. Pull engine and replace oil pump. Pump is an old one as the new one I
received would not fit in the can although it looked ok. Was just too thick.
Moral maybe, don't get in a rush. But then I have never had a pump go before
so no clue as how or why.

Any other good ideas???????????????

Yea I know, replace clutch and pressure plate and work on second gear detent
while tranny is out.

Jack Laird
Retired USAF

Bugeye, July 1959 build, 2006-07 Restore
AN5L 24515, "Miss Agatha" On the road again and smileing.

groups.msn.com/TheAustinHealeySpriteProject