Re: [Spridgets] Hi ya

To: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hi ya
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 19:09:10 -0400
Marc wrote:

> Howdy -
>
> Just joined spridgets because a 73 RWA Midget has taken up residence in
> my garage as of this week.

Marc

If the steering does not return, check the top nuts on the king pins.
You mentioned they are new, I bet they are over tightened.
There are shims that go under the trunion to give the pins a bit of
clearance so you can steer the car.

I put the jack stands on the rear spring mount in front of the rear
wheels and on the front cross member.
If the king pins are loose, the rack comes out pretty easy.
Once the car is up, it should only take finger pressure to turn the
steering wheel. Check those king pin nuts.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ