Re: [Spridgets] One of my other projects nearly complete...No LBC

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] One of my other projects nearly complete...No LBC
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:34:57 -0600
I saw a newer Triumph bike at a restaurant the other day.  It was
parked next to a Harley.  The Triumph looked a whole lot better to me.
 Harleys just don't do anything for me anymore.  They got marketed to
dentists and lawyers and just don't appeal to me anymore.  No offense
to any Harley owners, dentists or lawyers.  My dad had Harleys when I
was growing up.  They were cool.  I always planned to have one or two
when I grew up.  Someone turned the Harley mystique into a marketing
gold mine.  Now I'd prefer a Suzuki crotch rocket, BMW touring bike,
or Norton or Triumph.  Harleys are everywhere and I don't relate to
most of the owners anymore.
I saw a "Boss Hoss" yesterday.  It is basically a small block Chevy
V-8 with chrome and two wheels.  Nice, but I'll take a nice big Suzuki
and have much more fun.
Your Bimmer looks cool.
I heard a funny one a while back:
"The ONLY thing worse than a d^%&*@ dentist on a Harley is a d^%&*@
dentist on a Gold Wing!"  Again, no offense.  Just back in the day,
bikers, cops, and a few lucky people had Harleys.  I'm sure they are
still great, just not for me anymore.
Cheers,
Derf