Re: [Spridgets] Another computer NO LBC question

To: "Daniel1312@aol.com" <Daniel1312@aol.com>, Spridgets
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Another computer NO LBC question
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:13:13 -0500
Daniel,

I'm just getting ready to clean out all my old software that will no
longer work with my Windows XP Pro desktop and laptop.  I will gladly
bundle it all and send it off to you if you provide your address.  I
may even have some installation books and such that you might find
useful. My memory is rusty, but I seem to recall that 98SE is a pretty
simple upgrade. Though I think there may be two different disks - One
is W98SE install, the other is W98SE upgrade??  One of you computer
geeks jump in here.....

Cheers!!
Jim

On 6/18/07, Daniel1312@aol.com <Daniel1312@aol.com> wrote:
> I think I might have found a printer that will work with W98 only it wants
> W98 SE.
>
> This PC has W98 but I do have an install disc for W98 SE.  I suppose the
> printer will flat refuse to work with anything other than the SE and I'll
>have to
> install everything from scratch? (I'm software challanged).
>
> Also, does anyone have any original install software they want to throw away
> but could throw to me instead - I'm working on Word 97 that a lister gave me
> several years ago.
>
> Daniel 1312 - back to printer hunting

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.
-Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)