[Spridgets] stupid "LBC" story

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] stupid "LBC" story
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:18:32 -0700
I was at Kragen this week and the kid behind the counter saw my
Spridgets@autox tee-shirt.  He looked out to the parking lot and asked about
the A35.  He then offered that his brother-in-law was also into old English
cars.  "Really" sez I, "Yeah", sez he.  "He's been fixing up old Beemers for
years".

Beemers as in BMWs, I ask?  "Yeah, he only likes the ones from British Motor
Works".  After a long pause, I gently pointed out that Bavaria was just a tad
closer to Germany than England.  "Whoooaaa, dude! Really??"

I couldn't think of another word at that point and headed home offering a
silent prayer for desperate DIYs seeking car knowledge from this local "guru
of grease".

Glen Byrns