Re: [Spridgets] List's quiet - TR6 opinions

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] List's quiet - TR6 opinions
From: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 0:14:16 -0400
Does anyone out there have any serious seat time in a TR6?
Ron Soave

I had one last year for several months. They don't handle nearly as well as a
spridget but you already deduced that. The ride is decent but not in the league
with a Caddy or Benz. Not a whole lot of travel in the suspension so you will
notice potholes... They are good highway cars especially if it has OD. Good
sound even with a stock muffler. Second gear synchro can be like a spridget's
so all that double clutch practice will be good thing. Make sure that the frame
is not rusted out. I know you said that it was a frame off restoration but just
check it anyway. They are prone to extra "lightening holes" and shortened
rails. Check the body panel alignment, especially the doors for a saggy frame.
Also check the rear axles. The splines can rust in place and then the
suspension doesn't move properly. You'll understand when you look at it. A good
car will sit properly when you look at the rear tires. Most sit with some
positive camber when it should be neutral or a little negative.

All in all they are not bad cars. If you can buy it for the right price, do it!
Hey, it is a sports car... You can always find an old Jamaican body to stick on
it.

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1975 Midget - trailerparked queen