[Spridgets] Tranny swap issues

To: "'Spridget List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Tranny swap issues
From: "Herby" <herby@herbytoys.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:19:44 -0700
Okay so I get the 1275 and smoothcase out of the car. I pull off the tranny.
I look at the pressure plate and yep its a 6-1/2 inch, so far so good. (oh
yeah, this is DPO stuff I havent been into yet). I pop the P.P. off and
then the flywheel. I check the pilot bushing, it just about falls out. It
looks odd so I compare with the new one. Old DPO one is > OD and the new
one is 5/8 OD!! Whats wrong here? IDs on both are the same. The crank ID
measures ~ .760. Any ideas?

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
00 Dakota R/T (the new toy)
herby@herbytoys.com

www.herbytoys.com