Re: [Spridgets] Tranny swap issues

To: <herby@herbytoys.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Tranny swap issues
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 21:20:44 -0700
Hi Herby,

I'm assuming that you are measuring deep in the end of the crankshaft to get
that .750.  I've never seen one, only heard about them, but seems to me that
an easy fix is to get a .750 OD X .500 ID oilite bushing and saw off what
you need.  They all come in too long!!  Shorten is easy!

With my 5 speed adapter, the bushing fits in the very end of the crankshaft
and just about all 1275 cranks are .882 there.

I'd just get a larger OD bushing, if it were my car.

Later, Paul A