Re: [Spridgets] New Engine

To: Miniac7@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] New Engine
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:44:37 EDT
Hi Howard,

The cam is APTs equivalent to Kent's 286 scatter so I'm expecting the new
engine will make similar power (it's a road car).

The titan 1.5 roller rockers from the existing engine are going in the new
engine unless I have enough money for something else better (seems unlikely).

The pistons are Omega with a 6.4cc dish but no the really expensive Omega's.

Valve sizes haven't been decided yet but the head will be a Pierce for the
weight saving alone.

Igniton will be the existing Inductor/reluctor Microdynamics electronic unit
and power coil.

Given on the Uk petrol octane I can run 10.5:1 on an iron head I'm expecting
to run 11:1 on the Pierce aluminium head.

Regards

Daniel