Re: [Spridgets] Nova Scotia, some LBC

To: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Nova Scotia, some LBC
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:53:42 -0400
Paul:
Perhaps you have already gotten a bunch of replies, but my
recommendation is head straight for Cape Breton Island (reachable by a
causeway from the northern end of Nova Scotia).  Find a B&B or a nice
campground along the western shore.  Then explore the island, eat
seafood, listen to the wonderful lilting accent of the locals, hear
their music at night, and visit the only single malt distillery outside
of Scotland.  And...be sure to drive the Cabot Trail around the top of
the island. It's worth doing in both directions-- so it makes a great
day-trip. As for boats, I have taken the "old" ferry from Bar Harbor as
well as the newer catamaran.  Unless you want to take a boat trip, I'd
suggest the cat as it is quite a bit faster.  The times that I went, a
reservation for the ferry was necessary as NS does a lot of tourism.
Maybe October is slower.
JohnD