Re: [Spridgets] Flag laws No LBC content....

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Flag laws No LBC content....
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:49:38 -0700
dwramsey@att.net wrote:  "I saw it on local TV here in Reno, for what it is
worth it is not "illegal" to fly the American flag like that. Before you all
jump on me about this, the Reno police department stated in the local paper
that it isn't against city, state, or federal law."

Oh, I don't "blame" you, but I sure as hell blame your city's bonehead
"journalists" and its stupid-ass police.  You see, it most certainly IS
against the law.  More specifically it is a violation of United States Code
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Code>: 4 U.S.C.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_4_of_the_United_States_Code> ' 1
<http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/4/1.html> et seq., popularly called The
Flag Code.  Just because it carries no punishment does not carry any
punishment for willful violation does not mean it is not the law.  When on
December 22, 1942, the law was passed, it was to regularize and let all people
know the proper use and manner of respect for the flag that at that moment was
protecting our land.  Who could have possibly conceived at that time, a time
when young Americans were dying and shedding their blood to protect and defend
it, that anyone would intentionally disrespect it?  Why, therefore, would any
"punishment" be felt necessary?

True, during the Vietnam Era, when many of us were again dying and shedding
blood, it became popular among some sadly misguided souls, to hate and
disrespect our flag.  It was then that the trendy lefty Supreme Court held
that hatred of our flag and the obscene and loathsome damage and destruction
of our flag was simply the exercise of the individual's freedom of speech, and
therefore protected by the First Amendment.  In the decades that followed,
Federal, State, and local governments have cowardly refused to challenge such
liberal court orders, preferring instead to sit on their backside and let the
historic pride in our country slowly be eroded by what is fashionable and
politically correct.

Who is to blame.  Most assuredly those idiots such as see in the Reno media
and police department, but in fact, all of us.  How many, after all, have
written in protest to their elected representatives?  Until people do so and
assert their beliefs, they have no right to sit on THEIR backside and simply
complain among themselves.

I shall now step down and yield the remainder of my time to those of the
Looney Left.

Buster Evans
Ex-JO2, USN, Vietnam Era