Re: [Spridgets] What is still there?

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] What is still there?
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:17:44 -0600
Buster, et al,

This is most interesting.  I lived in England in the 1960s for 6 years
and drove thousands of miles on Brit and European highways. My
experience however is completely different than Buster's. I witnessed
at least 10 accidents during that time 4 of which involved fatalities
and 2  in which I was involved (neither my fault).

The danger here is making generalizations based entirely upon
individual perceptions without appropriate population weighted data.
It is possible that I witnessed more accidents than the average driver
would have witnessed during those years. It is possible that today's
drivers have improved to the point where there are far less accidents
in Britain these days. Finally, it is possible that Buster has just
been damned lucky!  On the other hand, I never saw an accident in a
roundabout!  Not even the ones along the M40 from London northwest
where there were many, many accidents. As I recall, most of them were
failure to yield the right of way at intersections.

Since it is actually their home country, I would be interested to have
our British Brethren chime in on this topic. What is your experience
with accident frequency in the Motherland, mates?
-
Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City
Don't miss 50 Years of Spridgets at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29, 2008!!
For info... http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org