Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Affordable Ferrari on CraigsList

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Affordable Ferrari on CraigsList
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:13:26 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "pdxpete" <pdx.pete@verizon.net>
To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2007 2:04 PM

There was an interesting article, written by Ferrari broker Mike Sheehan, in
the December issue of Sports Car Market. He said that any Ferrari this side
of the 512 BB (circa "76 - '81) will represent a "challenge" to maintain and
restore. Apparently some model-specific parts, especially the electronics,
just might not be available outside of a salvage yard. (Ferrari also uses an
SD3 diagnostic computer that is not compatible with the standard OBD2
boxes.) In terms of the cost of parts that are available, he cites the
prices associated with 355 parts .... 40 valves at  $179 each, flywheels at
$4,100 a pop, etc.

I never had a Ferrari, but I do recall a Corvette who's parts were three
times those of any other Chevy.  Then I got a Porsche 911 and wished I still
had the Corvette.  Highway robbery.

You don't need as deep of pockets to buy that stuff as you do to maintain
them.

LAD