Re: [Spridgets] Use your cell phone driving...

To: "Guy Weller" <guy.weller@tiscali.co.uk>, "Paul Asgeirsson"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Use your cell phone driving...
From: "Robert Bruce Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:53:10 -0800
Guy Weller  wrote:  "In the UK, you can also get "done" for eating whilst
driving. No, I don't mean with a knife and fork, but eating a chocolate bar
or an apple."

It was a couple of years ago when a woman in Essex was at a stop light,
took a drink of bottled water, but had not put it away and got booked for
unsafe driving.

"Never made sense to me when smoking whilst driving is apparently
acceptable."

Well, don't do it now!  It has been illegal since July when Parliament
passed a new law that prohibits smoking while driving a motor vehicle!
(After they had banned smoking in any enclosed "building", you could not
smoke in a car if there were passengers!)

Buster Evans