Re: [Spridgets] NW Caravan? to 50th in Mo?

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NW Caravan? to 50th in Mo?
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:44:42 -0800
Hello Glen,

       the routing to make some sort of link between those traveling
       from Southern California and those from the Pacific Northwest
       is extremely LONG. as in an extra 1000 miles for either group..
       one route comes in along I-40 through Texas and the northern
       route is through Wyoming and Nebraska. It would add at least 2
       days to the trip!....ONE WAY! .. that's figuring from the NW
       its a tad over 2000 miles (Portland OR) 500 miles per day, 4
       days. .. now 500 miles averaging 50 miles per hour, (food, gas,
       rest stops) is still 10 hours a day of driving time.. ..
       hitting the road at 8:00 off the road into a motel room by 6:00
       pm.... those are long days...... not that someone can't do a 16
       hour day, but its just not fun to travel like that... at least
       for me.... naturally, i'm willing to go along with whatever a
       "caravan" collectively decides is the best
       .---routing---timing---rest stops---food----etc.... but the
       logistics SHOULD be worked out...

--
Best regards,