Re: [Spridgets] NW Caravan? to 50th in Mo?

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NW Caravan? to 50th in Mo?
From: "pdxpete" <pdx.pete@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:00:44 -0800
Prairie Dog Town in Oakley, Kansas is conveniently located just off I-70. At
one point in time they claimed to have a live 6-legged steer, but that's
been a while ago.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/KSOAKprairie.html

Cawker City, Kansas, not-so-conveniently located on US 24, is home to what
the locals claim to be the World's Largest Ball of Twine. (We could get ito
a discussion about how those other, technically larger ones are comprised of
synthetic twine and the one in Cawker City is made up of the real deal.)
http://skyways.lib.ks.us/towns/Cawker/

If you want backroads, being really out of the way, want to take a detour
off I-70 and have a hankering for fried chicken, there's always the
Brookville Cafe on State Route 140 west of Salina. Here's a write-up from
the Chicago Tribune:
http://www.brookvillehotel.com/art1.htm

And then there's always terminal boredom (no website available, or needed).

More to follow ........ maybe.