Re: [Spridgets] Ebay Jag

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Ebay Jag
From: "63AHBJ7" <63AHBJ7@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:21:17 -0600
Well, it's all moot now!!  Went for $15,933.00.  To me, as they say at BpJ
Auction;  "Well bought" (NOT including shipping!!<G>).

<<This is a easily a $100k+ restoration effort. >>

Looks like it's gonna be paid for in Francs or Euros<G>!!  And I AGREE w/above!!

<<The disc brakes were incredible,
having been proven earlier at LeMans.>>

True, but unless you have had the SERIOUS MIS-fortune of doing the rear
IN-BOARD disc brake job, you just haven't LIVED!!!  The Exhaust has to be
re-moved and drive-shaft; and THEN one gets to drop a "sub-frame" containing
said "system"!!  er, oh BTW the bolts going thru alum back into steel have the
strange problem of deciding to STAY where they where put!!!

After did ONE, the E-types more than joined my List of "NEVER in my drive"
types such as TR-7/8s & Spits!!!  Waterboarding is EASIER<VBG>!!