[Spridgets] Thoughts on the Dizzy/Advamce thingy

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Thoughts on the Dizzy/Advamce thingy
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 07:32:39 -0700
I am about to replace the old plug.coil leads on the beast.
I pulled the lead of the Dizzy, which I think is a dual point Mallory and, once
again, wondered about the lack of a vacuum advance/retard mechanism.

If I am right, the drop in vacuum when you put your foot down, results in the
vacuum unit letting the dizzy timing retard to help the engine get some
'oomph'!

SO where does my 'Oomph' come from when there is no vacuum unit and I
put my foot down??  Or doesn't it matter!
Does it mean I have to limit my maximum advance at high revs?

Just wondering.... I'm not a Lead-foot but I do like to drive in a manner that
doesn't betray my age  <Grin>

--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA