Re: [Spridgets] Gas Prices and the 50th

To: Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Yahoo Spridget list"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Gas Prices and the 50th
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:09:32 -0500
Believe me, I feel your pain. I have the Pathfinder doing 17 to 19, WITHOUT
a trailer.
BTW, anyone out there know much about the Nissan Pathfinder? I know the
owners manual mentions a secondary book, with towing procedures for the PF.
I went to the dealership, who would be glad as hell to SELL me a book, that
I feel *should* have been included in the sale.
I posted to the Nissan Pathfinder list, asking for specifics, so I don't
ruin the transmission, but have not received any information. Any Nissan
gurus out there??
BTW, I am trailering our car as well. Not because my back can't take it, but
because I want to bring along some jet ski's to play on the lake. Anyone
interested in joining me for an early morning ride or two, bring some swim
wear.

Brad

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:29 AM, <rrengineer@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>     I plan to attend the gathering at the Lake of the Ozarks this June.
> I will be trailering my Bugeye to the event as my 57 year old back
> would preclude me from driving the car out there for such a long
> distance.  Maybe if I was 19 again I would take on such an adventure,
> but the air conditioned cab of my F-150 is much better for long hauls
> these days.  The problem is the F-150 only gets 16 miles per gallon.
> It is at least 1700 miles one way to the 50th celebration.  At
> present gas prices I estimate a fuel cost of almost $800 round trip
> if I go the shortest route and do not stray to explore as I am want
> to do.  If gas prices hit $4.00 per gallon by summer, I probably
> won't be able to afford the trip.
> Mike MacLean
> 60 Sprite
> 56 BN2