[Spridgets] Lotus Seven DoubleBearing Hubs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Lotus Seven DoubleBearing Hubs
From: Mike/Donna Carpenter <mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:56:49 -0400 (EDT)
I just wanted to drop you all a note of thanks for all of your insight and help
with installing the DoubleBearing hubs on my series one Lotus Seven.  I went
with Doug's recommendation on using the sealed outer bearing and I can finally
say that after about 50 miles of driving, I still have rear brakes that are
actually dry.

I followed all of the instructions that you all gave me and things went really
easy.  I did wind up leaving out the bend-over lock washer and just using
loctite on clean threads.  I went to 120 ft-lbs of torque on the big nut.

Mike Carpenter
1960 lotus Seven
1961 Lotus Seven America
1961 Bugeye